ENTER Mölndal - Kvarnbyn
You will need
- A smartphone
- If you use Android:: The experience is streamed through the web browser Chrome or Firefox. Turn off wifi.
- If you use iPhone: . Download the app ”ENTER Mölndal – Kvarnbyn”. You might need wifi to download it.
Start the experience
- Go to the starting point: Kvarnbyn, Mölndal. The intersection Götaforsliden – Norra Forsåkersgatan. Show on a map
- Ta på dig hörlurarna
- If you use iPhone: Start the app
- If you use Android: Click the link below
Tips and info before starting
You need to be on location! The walk starts in the small park at the intersection Götaforsliden – Norra Forsåkersgatan in Mölndal. Show on a map
Accessibility: You walk to the square Gamla torget and back, on the pavement in city traffic.
Length: About 500 meter
Time: About 40 minutes
For you who are: 14 years or older
Language: Swedish or English
Settings on your phone when using the streamed web version
- Turn off the phone’s wifi, to avoid interference from networks nearby.
- Android: Use the web browser Chrome or Firefox.
- iPhone: We recommend using the app. For the streamed version use the Safari web browser. Go to Settings, then Safari. Turn on “Motion and Orientation Access”.
- For full screen browsing for iPhone X, XS, or SE: Press the Share-button in Safari and select “Add to Home Screen”. Then proceed from the new icon.
Consumption: Approx. 170 MB of data traffic while streaming. The app is about 240 MB, when it’s installed you do not need internet access. 15% of battery charge, 0.5 dl water.
All data stays in your phone and is only used during the tour.
Kvarnbyn (”the Mill Village”) and the river with its almost 48 meters high rapids make up the origins of Mölndal. Here, the power from the water has given people the chance to live, survive, work and create for over a thousand years.
Already during the Middle Ages, millers used the water power to run mills and in the 17th century there were around thirty flour mills, saw mills and paper mills here. By the end of the 19th century Mölndals Kvarnby had developed into one of Sweden’s more important industrial areas.
Bring your phone and go for a walk below the powerful rapids. Open windows to history and discover the site through voices and stories from different times.